Translate this fancy blog!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fancy and Funky Outtakes!


Fancy and Funky Outtakes!

Featuring all the fancy (and not-so-fancy) things that didn’t make it to the Seven Seas Lagoon blog posts! Starring: vultures, Disney Vacation Club, that mysterious water show I keep mentioning, and gingerbread masterpieces!  So come revel in the best of the fancy and funky with me J.

Beach Nooks

There are some awesome beach nooks at the Lagoon resorts, and one of my favorites is at the Contemporary. I spent the majority of my childhood vacations in this hotel and on this beach, so it’s a personal favorite for sentimental reasons as well.


At night, though, it’s beautifully quiet with only the sound of waves and wind to guide you to sleep as you rock on a hammock. The view of the night sky is breathtaking, and the Contemporary herself is spectacular to behold. When I went to visit during the day though…I got a little surprise. Well, a big surprise. A flock of surprise!

Yes, those dots are birds! Are Hitchcock's birds making a sequel?

Did the Contemporary become the Tiki Room and I missed the memo? Flocks of birds, including vultures, descended upon the resort. Funky stuff!

Joke's on you!

Me: Knock knock. 
You: Who’s there? 
Me: Interrupting table. 
You: Interrupting tab—
Not sure what that’s doing there, but okay. 


















Had an impromptu photo shoot with a table. Win. A fancy win. 

Bay Lake Tower

This resort is part of the Contemporary – sort of. It’s Disney Vacation Club only, although I was able to walk around and explore the outside. Like most other Vacation Club villas, they have their own pool (not to mention some fancy trees with seats one could sit by and write at if your laptop is able to function plug-free). 


Mysterious Light Show

It’s actually called the Electrical Water Pageant, and it performs every night on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. It opened in 1971 and is one of the few original shows still operating. I snapped some photos, but here’s a video for your viewing pleasure. 



Gingerbread!

Also, in my Contemporary post, I mentioned lots of resorts partake in creating gingerbread masterpieces for the holidays. Well, as I explore the resorts, I’m going to post pictures of them here. So first up is the bare bones of the Grand Floridian’s gingerbread house. Can’t wait to see it when it’s done! 

Update Dec3: Gingerbread houses can now be found on the Holiday Happenings post.













No comments:

Post a Comment