Translate this fancy blog!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Disney's Beach Club


EIGHTH LOCATION

Disney’s Beach Club

What is this fancy place?

Time to stretch out on the sand and soak up the sun! This quaint New England style resort opened in 1990 and offers guests sand-and-surf fun at a picturesque location.  Enjoy movies on the beach, catch-and-release fishing, a sand-bottomed pool and a boat ride to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Like the other EPCOT Area Resorts, the Beach Club takes guests back to the early 1900s…so grab your Edwardian swimsuit and hit the waves!


First Impressions of the Fancy

While the Yacht Club is more solemn and stately, the Beach Club really pops in pastels and has a lively, fresh-faced atmosphere.  As I wander around the lobby and grounds, I feel like I’ve rented a sea-side cottage and all of my best friends have come to join me. 


Everything is water-themed, and I think this is a place Princess Ariel would love to visit (it is definitely fancy enough for a princess, too!). Even some of her friends are here! 


One cool restaurant here is the ice cream parlor! It's famous for its "kitchen sink" mega ice cream creation (which you can see in this ridiculously adorable video). 

The holiday decorations make it seem like there's a perpetual celebration going on (see pictures of their giant gingerbread sculpture!). 

This is a happenin' place. If the Yacht Club was a dinner party, the Beach Club would be a sock hop at the shore. 

Fancy Writing Spaces?

I first explore the second floor, hoping that like at the Yacht Club, there will be some empty seats and free plugs. I come upon some cushiony places, but the plugs are occupied by…Christmas lights!




 I don’t like to use an outlet that’s already been claimed, so I journey next to the Solarium.



The Solarium is basically a large seating area, a parlor if you will, with lots of windows and comfy curl-ups. It’s a wonderful place to just relax, enjoy a meal (the quick-service/mini-grocery “Marketplace” is nearby) and even take a nap! But when I get there:
Noooo!

I stand around aimlessly, because I haven’t found any seats in the lobby, and it’s too cold and dark to write outside, and now my back-up plan has failed. So I wander about and take some pining pictures of the Solarium from the outside.










And then I stumble into the Disney Vacation Villas. I normally don’t explore those, but it seems that even regular guests can look inside, so I think ‘sure, why not’.
I knew Ariel was around here somewhere!
I find a beautiful wall-sized shelf, themed with all sorts of toys and nifty decor.  It’s exactly somewhere I would like to write, even if it’s surrounded by doors that are often opening and closing due to foot traffic. The outlets are all taken, though :(

 Feeling truly thwarted, I’m desperate enough to try and open a door that doesn’t look like it should be opened. No one is in the darkened “Drawing Room”, but I see some couches so I’m intrigued.

Feeling a bit like Belle exploring the West Wing, I enter the “Drawing Room” and discover that it’s basically a smaller version of the "Solarium", with some things that are geared towards kiddie activities.


Couch of awesomeness!




 It’s quiet and warm and the couch is delightful and oh! Look at that! It’s a plug by the couch! Feeling like I’ve stumbled upon the jackpot, I whip out that computer, munch on my snacks from the “Marketplace” and get writing.



Occasionally people pop in to take a look around, so it looks like the room isn’t forbidden or anything, but I mostly have the nice little place all to myself. This is what I call a very fancy success! 

Fancy Details

Sea-horse on a wreath
diagrams of sea life
adorable room number plate
Is the rose a throw-back to
Beauty and the Beast?


Doll house! Some find it creepy.
I think it's fantastic. 
painting of the Resorts as their 1900s
New England inspirations.
Also: Mickey Balloon!





Fancy Extras

I’m not the only one who has found the delightful "Drawing Room" a great place to relax in! After I found it, I did a little research and realized that many parents use it as a way to escape the kids and take a little breather! 

Also, care to see what the Solarium looks like? I went back a month later, and found my spot re-opened! Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment