Translate this fancy blog!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beach Club Part 2

So a while ago I did a post about the Beach Club and mourned the loss of the Solarium (a parlor in which to sit and nap basically). I wasn't sure if they were simply refurbishing it, or doing away with it entirely.
The doors have reopened!
Speak friend, and enter!

I decide to visit the Beach Club today, purely to check out the Solarium, and I'm rewarded for my efforts.

It's reopened! Couches and outlets thrive! And unfortunately, a television thrives as well. Curse the TV! Not another distraction! I can feel...my writerly super powers...draining....




It's very quiet here and quite deserted, although there's some minimal foot traffic to-and-from the nearby DVC villas. The chairs and couches are all comfy, and almost every single one is near an outlet, so I go about testing chairs and tables and overall looking very strange as I investigate. Eventually I settle upon a couch near a window, enjoying having a proper table in front of me.

But I had sort of thoughtlessly put myself in range of the TV, and ergo accomplished very few writerly things, as I was suckered in by the Disney Channel.

You may have gotten me this time, television! But next time, I will prevail!

1 comment: